Places to visit
Picturesque, hospitable and with temperatures rarely dropping under 12°, even during winter, make Ierapetra not only the most Southern but also the most sunniest town in Europe. Easily accessible, with many trendy shops, traditional tavernas and modern cafes, tastes of every kind can be catered for. Exploring the town one finds the past intertwined with the present. The Venetian Castle of Kales dominating the harbor, the Old Town with it’s narrow, flower covered alleys, “Napoleons House “, the Museum with local finds, the many Churches, all add to Ierapetra’s charm. Explore the pristine beaches, beautiful surroundings, gorges, mountain villages, archaeological sites and live the experience of authentic Crete.
PLACES TO VISIT
- CHRYSSI ISLAND – DAILY TOURS OR PRIVATE CRUISE includes Swimming, Lunch and Fishing
- GORGES - SARAKINA Gorge, RICHTI Gorge and Waterfall, PERVOLAKIA Gorge,
- BUTTERFLY Gorge – Dasaki, ZAKROS Gorge – Valley of the Dead
- ANCIENT OLIVE TREE - Kavoussi
- COUNTLESS BAYS AND BEACHES - PERISTERAS BAY, LONG BEACH, ACHLIA, VOULISMA and many more.
- MYLONAS WATERFALL
- LASITHI PLATEAU and CAVE (Dikteon Andron) - BIRTH PLACE of ZEUS
- MILATOS CAVE
- ARCHEOLOGICAL SITES – KNOSSOS PALACE, GOURNIA, MINOAN SUMMER PALACE ZAKROS
- MUSEUMS – HERAKLION ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, HERAKLION NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, FOLKLORE MUSEUMS
- VAI PALM BEACH
more recommendations, details, directions and favourite getaways to share with you!